Friday, March 30, 2012

Granola recipe and proud of being a runner.

Well, look who's adventuring herself in the kitchen ha That's something, specially if you know me at all! I was really determined to make homemade granola for a while now for a couple of reasons: First, I don't seem to be able to find a single granola here that doesn't have raisins. Now, that's just wrong. Why, why put raisins in any food at all I'll never know... it's gross. Ew. d: Second, they're never really healthy - ok, remember that I live in a 3rd world now that there's no Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or any of the sort. What they do have in Buenos Aires is a  single block called Chinatown and one supermarket there that sells some healthy stuff. That's it. Third, they're obviously extremely pricey. I might become a rich sports medicine doctor someday, but I'm telling ya that day is not today.

So for all those reasons and maybe more I've decided to make my own granola at once. Omg it's so easy and the best part is that you can pretty much get a base recipe and just switch the ingredients for whatever you're feeling like at the moment! So, I got this recipe as my base and did my own thang with it ;)

Ingredients:

  • 1 c. old fashioned oats
  • 1 tbsp. chia seeds
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp. honey
  • 1 tbsp sunflower oil
  • 1 tbsp. sunflower seeds 
  • a handful of chopped almonds


Directions:
  • Preheat over to 300 degrees and spread a cookie sheet with cooking spray
  • Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir
  • Slowly, stir honey and sunflower oil into oat mixture until oats are adequately coated
  • Spread granola onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for approximately 15 minutes, stirring halfway through
  • Let cool until oats become crunchy (as soon as you take them off the oven, they're gonna be munchy and you'll think you did something wrong, but really, once they cool down they will get crunchy!). 



Sorry about the bad quality, itouch pictures kinda sucks :S


Back to running-related news, somehow yesterday I've managed to get my speed at the 100m from 27 to 25sec (6.24 pace) and dang it I was so proud of myself! I still don't quite get how my running has had any improvement at all after almost a whole month without hitting the pavement, but apparently the god's of running really love me <3.

Hoping everyone is having a great weekend! Don't forget to eat tons of chocolate for Easter, as long as you never forget its real meaning ;)

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread it!